10/1/07

An open letter to the president of Iran

This is a moving and powerful response in the Jewish Standard. The author asks can the president of Iran help the author find his uncle, Boroch Jeszya Miedzinski, who, until now, was believed to have been killed by Nazis in 1944 at Chelmno, a death camp outside Lodz, Poland? This photograph was affixed to to a Lodz Ghetto ID card.

An open letter to the president of Iran: "Dear President Ahmadinejad:
Allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is Robert Stevens and I am a 27-year-old child of Holocaust survivors. The purpose of my letter is not to criticize you for being anti-Semitic, or for wanting to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, or for making an international statement defaming the legitimacy of the Holocaust by calling it a myth. Instead, I just wanted to ask you for some advice..."

...Continued in the Jewish Standard.

- repost from 2/19/06

No comments: